Image Posting Guidelines
Traditionally, moderators and curators have posted most of the content seen on LolSnaps. That will continue. However, we are increasing our efforts to see posts from our community members. Sometimes, that means a user will post an original creation… but most of the time, that means posting a picture, video, or meme found elsewhere on the internet. Our community values the post that makes them chuckle, smile, or even laugh out loud. That can be Original Content or reposted from another website. If you decide to post something funny or meaningful, keep these guidelines in mind:
- Post pictures that you believe will make others laugh. That doesn’t include Facebook profile pictures or pictures of your baby sucking her thumb.
- LolSnaps is a place to get some laughs. We are not a porn site, so don’t post pictures of nipples, vaginas, or penis parts. If you would hesitate showing your picture to your parents or co-workers, it’s not a good idea to put it on this website.
- Create a caption that is funny and descriptive. Don’t use lame captions like “LMAO”, “Hahahaha!” or “Cool!”
- The use of vulgarity is okay…in moderation. Don’t overdo a good thing. When in doubt—especially on captions—use replacement parts such as f*ck and sh*t.
- Your picture will be seen by thousands of people all over the world. You should not post pictures where the entire world can see someone’s identity. This includes information such as email addresses, full names, and Facebook pages.
- Do everyone a favor and make your punctuation, spelling and grammar count. It matters!
- There is a band of rabid LolSnaps fans who have seen every picture on this website. They do not appreciate a picture that has appeared on the website previously—a repost. When this occurs, they show no mercy.
- If you found the funny picture on another website, list that website as the source.
- LolSnaps reserves the right to remove any picture or post it deems inappropriate and abusive. Plus, if your picture isn’t funny…we’re going to delete it before it ever sees the light of day.
Comment Posting Guidelines
Individual users will have their own interpretation of these rules and guidelines. What someone defines at pornography may be interpreted very differently to others. We’ve trusted the community to use common sense in the past and will ask you to use common sense going forward relative to these guidelines.
- Don’t post outright racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise bigoted comments.
- Don’t post threats or encourage self-harm.
- Don’t post OR link to anything pornographic or disgusting. As is the case with our picture guidelines, LolSnaps is a place to get some laughs. We are not a porn site, so don’t post comment pictures of nipples, vaginas, or penis parts.
- Don’t overdo it with explicit comments by telling us how you’re gonna squirt your love juice all over someone in the snap, another LolSnaps community member, or your ex-girlfriend.
- Don’t spam: don’t indulge in repeated self-promotion or paid referral links.
- Comment frequency: if you feel the need to comment on virtually every single post, this is tantamount to spamming the community. No excessive posting.
People who ignore these guidelines will have their comments deleted, be forced to play a fan-made ‘My Little Pony’ video game, and will likely be banned permanently. And, yes… the rules may be difficult to interpret in terms of exactness so refer to the earlier statement about using common sense. The moderators will do the same.
We also have some more general commenting guidelines. We will ban people if they ignore these repeatedly:
- Don’t be intentionally rude. We think most LolSnaps users are lovely people in real life, but it’s easy to sound like more of a dick than you really are in a comments thread. Take it easy, be nice, and you’ll find that everyone’s generally pretty cool.
- If you disagree with someone, say why. If you agree with someone, say why. If you like or dislike something, say why. And, of course, utilize the upvote/downvote feature in the Disqus comment system. If you can’t be bothered to say why or to cast a vote, that’s fine, just move on.
- “Meh” is not a valid sentiment. If you don’t care, don’t reply. The same goes for “First”, “Meanwhile in Syria”, and other non-contributory meme-style statements that will likely be deleted by the moderators without warning.
All of the guidelines can be neatly encapsulated in our golden rule: don’t be a dick.
If these posting and commenting guidelines are unacceptable to you, that’s also fine. You are, of course, free to express yourself elsewhere. Publishing images and comments on the site is an editorial decision and we ultimately have final say over what appears here.
To use a slightly labored analogy: Imagine LolSnaps posts and comments as a party. Everyone is invited, and we want you all to have a good time. But if you throw up on the carpet, don’t be surprised if you’re asked to leave.
Published on: May 1, 2017